Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Oops I Did It Again!

I am so pleased to announce that I am pregnant with baby number 2! Baby is due July 31st, I am currently 12 weeks along and so far things are moving along pretty smoothly. I have definitely been sicker than with the last pregnancy, but still not nearly as bad as I know some people experience. The only real complaints I have so far is fatigue (SO incredibly tired ALL the time!), and headaches. As you know I suffer from migraines, and they seem to just love the hormones. I’m praying that they’ll ease up with ending of my first trimester.

I have already had a slew of doctor appointments, with many more to come. I had a checkup with my cardiologist last week, and while everything seems A-OK so far, she has recommended I start Lovenox, which is a blood thinner that is used to treat blood clots. Apparently Fontan patients are always at a higher risk of getting blood clots, and with pregnancy the risk goes up a little more. I will start this medication tomorrow, and I must admit I’m a little nervous about it. I will have to give myself a shot twice a day, and just the thought of sticking myself with a needle makes me cringe! I’m not scared of needles at all, but I certainly don’t love them! Lucky for me my husband is a paramedic, and I have already let him know that he may very well have to help me out, at least at first.
Yesterday was my first appointment (of this pregnancy) with the perinatalogist, which is an OB that specializes in high risk pregnancies. The plan for delivery is pretty much the same as the last time, and right now I am still working, taking care of my son, and living life as usual.
Oh yes – And the baby is doing great! Growing so fast, and although we haven’t had a fetal ultrasound yet, the heartbeat is strong. J I am so excited, and I’m happy to be able to share this journey with all of you!
 Hello, Baby! 10 week ultrasound pic <3

1 comment:

  1. Congratulaations! I was born with TOF and a mother of 2 and Gramma to 5! Having my two babies was my dream. Isn't it wonderful?

    ReplyDelete